Do you want straighter teeth? There are different ways to go about it, including braces and other orthodontic treatments. One of the leading teeth straightening systems is Invisalign. An alternative to braces, Invisalign is virtually invisible, allowing patients to straighten their teeth without the metallic look and feel of traditional braces.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign treatment consists of a series of plastic aligners that fit over the teeth and gently shift the teeth into the desired position. Each aligner is worn for one week, switching them out per dentist’s instructions. Periodic follow up appointments with the dentist will monitor progress, allowing for any necessary adjustments. The cost and length of treatment is comparable to traditional braces, but possibly slightly higher
Benefits of Invisalign:
- Virtually invisible. Probably the biggest benefit of Invisalign is the feature behind the name, the fact that this treatment system is essentially invisible. The clear aligners fit snugly over the teeth so that most people will not even notice them. They do not affect your speech or your appearance. You are free to go through your days without the metallic look of traditional braces. Your smile doesn’t have to look worse in order to eventually look better.
- Convenient. Invisalign clear aligners are removable for eating and dental care. You don’t have to worry about what you eat or whether or not food is getting stuck in your braces. Your aligners are easy to clean and care for with no special instructions for brushing. No need to go through the tedious process of threading your floss underneath your archwire to get between every tooth. You wear your aligners for at least 22 hours per day according to the instructions your dentist gives you, and otherwise forget about them.
- Comfortable. The flexible, smooth plastic of Invisalign aligners is surprisingly comfortable. No sore spots from sharp brackets that rub against the inside of your lips and cheeks. Invisalign moves your teeth more gradually than traditional braces, eliminating the pain of shifting teeth.
- Technologically advanced. Invisalign uses computer software to take images of the teeth, and create a customized plan to move your teeth into the correct positions. The complete set of aligners for the entire duration of the treatment will be created at the beginning. Invisalign can correct the same orthodontic issues that traditional braces do from incorrect bite patterns to misaligned teeth.
- Available through your dental office. One of the biggest advantages of Invisalign is that you don’t have to see an orthodontist to receive the treatment. Our dental office offers Invisalign because the technology eliminates the need for a specialist. You can continue to visit the same office you are accustomed to and even combine routine dental cleanings with monitoring appointments for your Invisalign progress.
Is Invisalign Right For Everyone?
Despite all these benefits, Invisalign is not necessarily right for everyone. While Invisalign is able to correct many of the same orthodontic issues as traditional braces, there are some cases where it may not be the right treatment plan. If you’re interested in Invisalign, ask your dentist to see if you might be an ideal candidate. It may not be right for everyone, but it just may be right for you.
Try Invisalign with DDS Group
Ready to try Invisalign? If you are in need of orthodontic intervention to straighten teeth or correct your bite pattern, Invisalign could be the treatment system you are looking for. Located in lower Manhattan near Wall Street in NYC, DDS Group is convenient for follow up appointments.
Call 212-269-6655 today or contact us to schedule a consultation. We will evaluate the current condition of your teeth and determine if you are a candidate for Invisalign. If so, your treatment can begin right away so you can get started on the road to a straighter smile.